Monday, April 27, 2009

Under the Tree - April

So these are my answers for the April Under the Tree Gathering, I know I am behind. But if you would like more info about the Under the Tree Gathering you can find it here. Thanks for stopping by and reading, it really means a lot to me!

How long has it been since you lost your child/ren? Has your grief changed at all? Is your life becoming any easier or is it just harder as time passes?
We lost the Girls on August 27, 2008 so it has been 243 days today or 8 months! My grief has changed a lot at first I couldn't hardly get out of bed and then as time went on I got back into a routine and I started to feel better. But here lately I have been in this funk, and lets face it...it's been pretty bad! But especially over the last week I have felt a lot better, I have actually felt PERKY! It feels strange, but I like it! Life has been pretty tough, just thinking about things or going over things...it makes like tough, but I think I am getting to place where things move along at a good pace and I am not overwhelmed and I like it!

How do you feel when you see pregnant women when you are out and about?
It depends, some days when I see pregnant women I get very emotional and some times even angry. I don't get angry at the women but at the whole situation in general...I guess I get angry at myself. Today I had jury duty and the States Attorney happened to be pregnant, very pregnant and as I sat there I was excited for her and I could tell how excited she was about it. So today is the first day I can say that I was not angry or upset about seeing or being around a pregnant woman.

Whats your therapy in the aftermath of losing your child? Do you go to counseling? Do you do artwork or some kind of exercise or do you simply just let yourself be? What helps you?
At first after the loosing the girls I just let myself be. But this spring working with my flowers and in the yard as really been good for me and also I thinking blogging has helped, even though everything I have blogged about lately has been sad! This past weekend Mr. K and I went to our first therapy secession and it went really well and I hope we enjoy going back and I hope we find some kind of comfort/peace but I know it will take a while.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for joining us under the tree this month.

Working with Flowers really helped me last year in my grief. And blogging is a wonderful outlet

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios