Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Funk...Its gone...I hope!

So I have been in this funk lately...I just haven't wanted to do much of anything, I haven't even wanted to blog! But all of that has changed in the last day or two...I think Mr. K got me out of it on our spur of the moment trip this weekend, but that's for a different post!
It was Mr. K's birthday yesterday, poor thing had to work all day! But that gave me plenty of time to prepare...and we had a great time. We went to Star Cinema (its an old movie theater that has been converted so it is a restaurant inside a movie theater...they bring your food right to your seat!) and saw Fast & Furious, Mr.K is a big car guy so he LOVED it! Plus we celebrate birthdays for a week...we are having lots of friends and family over on Saturday for dinner...it should be a fun! We left for the movie a bit early because of traffic and construction, plus we wanted to make a stop at a little unfinished furniture place which is just a few blocks away from the movie theater and it turned out to be well worth it!
For a while now I have wanted to find a cedar chest of sorts to but all of the special things we have of the girls. But we have not had a lot of luck. We have been to about a dozen places, and we either didn't find anything or we found something we liked but it was way WAY out of our budget! So we went yesterday to this place and I didn't want to go...but then over in the corner...there it was EXACTLY what we wanted! And for a great price, I know that sounds silly being so concerned about price...but I never ever thought that something like this would be over a thousand dollars! We are going to pick it up one night this week, we were in the car and it wouldn't fit! So as soon as we get it...I am going to finish it and then I will post pictures!
So for now I think my funk is going away... I hope it is, I don't like this haze and funk that I have been in lately!
And in other news - Mr. K and I are taking dinner to my brother and sister in law tonight. I think it will be good for us. Plus little Colt is two weeks old today and we have yet to see him. In some ways it makes me feel horrible, but in others I know I can't go until we are ready. I know its going to be hard but it is time. But I will post about it tomorrow and let you all know how it went!

2 comments:

RedWood said...

Good luck and I'm glad you didnt let anyone talk y'all into going before you were ready!

Courtney said...

I hope you have a wonderful weekend sweet girl.

*hugs*

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios