Wednesday, January 27, 2010

I'm a Coupon Shopper

My last post made me think...

Did you know that I am a bargain shopper? I shop with coupons...I buy just about EVERYTHING with coupons!

I can feed Mr.K and I, about, three meals a day for a month for $100 or less. Oh and you need too consider that we also feed my Grandmother two or three nights a week. And when I was feeding my Mom and Dad on a regular basis that only went up too about $150. Yes I am the woman you hate to get behind in line at the Supermarket. The one that has all of the circulars from all of the other stores and coupons to go along with it. The only down side it takes me two or three times longer to grocery shop then anyone else I know...but I'm pretty sure it is worth it!
There are only two things that I always have in my pantry & freezer that I will buy with out a coupon...Peanut butter and Blue Bell Ice Cream. We always have both, and not just one container. Right now, for instance, we have 3 half gallons in the house freezer and 2 in the garage freezer...we like Blue Bell, can you tell? And I caught it on sale!

And don't worry, I can do the same thing with clothes! Right now I have on a shirt I bought two weeks ago for $1.25, it was originally $35.00 and yes I had a coupon! I couldn't tell you the last thing I bought that was not on sale. Everyone I know IRL, wants/has me shop for them...I love it!

So this is my coupon shopping advice for you:

  • Clip it even if you don't use it. Many areas of groups that gather too swap coupons.
  • Try to combine your coupon use with sales.
  • Your best bet on places to shop are those that honor others sales prices and/or those that double and triple coupons.
  • Make a list, and stick to it.
  • Use online resources for coupons, some of the best coupons I use come from here!
  • If you shop at a particular store regularly register with them online, they will send you coupons and many times let you know about special sales.
  • Watch for special days when stores double coupons up to a dollar...these specials can save you a lot of money!
  • Some stores will give you a store coupon for purchasing a particular item...that is basically free money! Make sure to use them!
  • And the BIGGEST thing...make sure you know the stores coupon and sales regulations! It can really hurt you if you don't follow the rules!

Please don't think I'm crazy, it really works! Happy Coupon Shopping!

What do you do to save money?

1 comments:

Marie W said...

Thanks for the extra tips Amanda! I have not quite gotten to that point yet ($100 monthly - wow!) I usually average about $50 weekly. I plan my meals around items on sale. Where exactly do you shop?

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Copyright ©2011 Small Bird Studios| All Rights Reserved |Free Blog Templates at Small Bird Studios